The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Just recovering from having Laparoscopic surgery to try and resolve some endometriosis and boy does it hurt.
Anyone else been through it?
Now 24 hours post op, I can just about lie in bed without much pain medication but walking to the loo feels like a marathon

Any advice for how to heal quicker?

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Nope ... but I agree -- I had a Fallopian tumor (and tube) removed via lap surgery and it HURT the first couple of days. Moving around and getting back in gear seemed to help more than lying around, though!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
My only abdominal lap was to remove my gallbladder, and I was tender for a few days, but agree w/ foxl about moving around ... pain didn't last too long so hopefully you're quickly on the mend.

Reactions: SummerDays

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Getting up and moving around is encouraged. It helps get the gas out that they fill your belly with to move other organs out of the way. That can cause a lot of pain after lap surgery :)

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I had a lap to remove stage 4 endometriosis in 2006. It took me a month to feel like myself again. In the early days it really helped to hold a pillow to my tummy when standing up and sitting down.

Were they able to get all the growths and adhesions? Are you signed up for pelvic physical therapy once you are recovered?

I held off on the PT for years and am kicking myself. It broke up a lot of the scar tissue formed by the endo and the surgery which drastically reduced my pain.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
I had a quick chat with Surgeon post op and she said they only found a little bit of endo. I have a followup on Monday so no doubt Ill find out more then.
The Drs told me to stay in bed yesterday and start moving today which I have.
Still in lots of pain but feeling 100% than I did yesterday.
Thanks for all the advice, think Ill focus on breaking the pain barrier today

1 - 6 of 6 Posts