The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend is the last one before Christmas. For those who celebrate, are you done shopping and wrapping? :eek: I shopped online and then bought gift cards. I bought some really pretty gift card holders online. I am done all except for a few cards that need to be sent out tomorrow.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I did all our shopping online too, and am pretty sure all the packages have been delivered where they were directed. There's one left that's coming to us, and it better get here before Thursday, because we hit the road then, if Ma Nature & Old Man Winter are in a benevolent mood.

My 92-year-old dad gave me the biggest laugh today . . . the package we sent him had been delivered & he'd already opened it. He sez he can't figure out how we knew of his affinity for peanut brittle. I'll let that be my little secret from him, but in all honesty, I found his stash when we were up there this fall, so we sent him ten boxes! :D :D :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
My shopping is done. With the economy the way it is we have backed down on how much we are spending. But I just feel that I did not spend enough on the wife and kids. So I may go back out but with the lists all filled not sure what to get them all.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hubby and I did ours last night (technically this morning). We both hate shopping... really hate the crowds and all. So after I get my Christmas bonus we go one time, one store (Walmart) - we start at around 2am and can't leave the store until we've got all the shopping done. :D

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hubby and I did ours last night (technically this morning). We both hate shopping... really hate the crowds and all. So after I get my Christmas bonus we go one time, one store (Walmart) - we start at around 2am and can't leave the store until we've got all the shopping done. :D
LOL! No wonder you went back to bed this morning for a few extra zzzz's! Way to go, Vicky!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did all our shopping online too, and am pretty sure all the packages have been delivered where they were directed. There's one left that's coming to us, and it better get here before Thursday, because we hit the road then, if Ma Nature & Old Man Winter are in a benevolent mood.

My 92-year-old dad gave me the biggest laugh today . . . the package we sent him had been delivered & he'd already opened it. He sez he can't figure out how we knew of his affinity for peanut brittle. I'll let that be my little secret from him, but in all honesty, I found his stash when we were up there this fall, so we sent him ten boxes! :D :D :D
That was a great idea.....we won't tell anyone about your secret! :D

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My shopping is done. With the economy the way it is we have backed down on how much we are spending. But I just feel that I did not spend enough on the wife and kids. So I may go back out but with the lists all filled not sure what to get them all.
Gift cards are hot! If you know the person that you are buying for, you can get movie cards, phone minute cards, all types of food and on and on. When the person uses the card, they will think about you!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine's all done. We mostly shop through the year when we run across things that suit our family/friends. It helps because we don't buy a lose of useless stuff that will be tossed in a closet.

We do have some honey to pour up, then "dress" with pretty ribbons & handmade ornaments we bought at the Childrens Attention Home School fundraiser last month. They are made by the children who live in the home & attend the charter school there so our purchase supported the project, one we really like. My partner is a beekeeper so all our siblings get honey. It's very pretty - light amber - & I'm told very good. I use an extremely small amount myself, but everyone loves it.

Put up our little tree last weekend & decorated it. Wrapped about half the gifts then & finished this weekend. All that left to do it hang & fill the stockings.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sooo not ready for the holidays this year. completely forgot about gift for tomorrow's work party. UGH!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
How about that?! We kept bees when we lived in Colorado . . . tried it here with less success. Finally gave it up after we lost all our equipment in a fire.

·
Registered
62 Posts
How about that?! We kept bees when we lived in Colorado . . . tried it here with less success. Finally gave it up after we lost all our equipment in a fire.
It is SO not my thing. But, for whatever reason, my girl just loves it. And, jars of honey do make nice gifts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts