The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
It was cute.

I generally HATE "talking" animal clips -- my kids love that stuff in movies, and sort of buy into it. I feel animals should be appreciated for how they REALLY behave ... not what people make them appear to do.

But after that rant, this was funny!

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Foxl, I agree with you, except: there is a wonderful little movie called 'Pride' that was talking lions - not a cartoon. It was charming and wonderful. If your kids haven't seen it, you could rent it for them and sneak into the room and take a peak :)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Well moon, I may regret it, but put that in my n'flix queue.

My oldest has Asperger's, including obsessive-compulsive elements -- and one of her obsessions is LIONS. She draws lions, wolves, deer, cats ... endlessly. And has played our Lion King CD until I swear it is lacy with holes!

But ... with Helen Mirren -- it can't be ALL bad!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think what hooks me about this goofy dog is that big black nose & those sad brown eyes, looking just like Fritz . . . :rolleyes:
but I agree heartily with you about our four-footed friends . . .

Some of my best-loved quotes are from Henry Beston:
"We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals. Remote from universal nature and living by complicated artifice, man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion.

"We patronize the animals for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate of having taken form so far below ourselves. And therein we err, and greatly err.
For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with the extension of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth." (The Outermost House)

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Well moon, I may regret it, but put that in my n'flix queue.

My oldest has Asperger's, including obsessive-compulsive elements -- and one of her obsessions is LIONS. She draws lions, wolves, deer, cats ... endlessly. And has played our Lion King CD until I swear it is lacy with holes!

But ... with Helen Mirren -- it can't be ALL bad!
You won't regret it - at least it will distract from the Lion King. And you might - just might - crack and enjoy it a smidge too :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts