The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please post an example of a dinner that conforms to low carb/high fat diet. I'm not sure I understand the percentages involved.

Thanks,

Hammer

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I make it very easy;
I eat fish or meat or birds as I always have done(about 200 gram). I eat as much vegetables as I can( ususally 3-400 gram), avoid rice, potatoe and pasta and makes sauce from full fat cream or sour.
In meat, fish, chicken there is none carbo.
Depending of which type vegetables you choose there will be carbo. The same in dairyproducts; you have to read and measure to know excactly how many carbo there is.
In the beginning I always measured and counted and tested my BG. Now I know how much carbo there is in for example broccoli and how much of broccoli will give for excample 5 carbo.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
A typical dinner for me would be some type of meat- 3-4 oz ( steak, bunless cheese burger, chicken or pork), large salad with 0 carb dressing and some type of veggie like mushrooms, spinach, zucchini, etc. Usually for dessert I will have a Breyer's Carb Smart Bar.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I like Andreas Edndfeldt's intro to LCHF, LCHF for Beginners. It does a good job of highlighting the goals and common foods.

All my meals usually look like this:
fatty protein (dark chicken, steak, sablefish, pork chops, eggs, greek yogurt)
green vegetables cooked in butter
salad with low-carb dressing

My go to dinner is this:
5oz Ribeye
1 cup green beans cooked in butter
3 cups romaine with cucumber, almonds and dried cranberries with balsamic and olive oil dressing

·
Registered
497 Posts
Tonight we had brussel sprouts cooked with bacon and cod with herbs and garlic. Ever since I was diagnosed brussels are my fav. I wouldnt touch them before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts