The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone is welcome to chime in not just the guys.

So here is my question...
Has anyone noticed a changed either for the worse or better with respect to their prostate specific antigen (PSA) while on LCHF.

I just had mine at our local hospitals cancer center as part of their November Wellness and my PSA level is 50% lower than what it was back in March of this year. In March, the level was 1.6 ng/ml in November it is .81 ng/ml; and I am almost 58 years old.

The physician examining me said and I quote; "it is a perfectly normal prostate". I was not expecting any issues but I was expecting to see a rise in the PSA level as it has been in the past before LCHF. Will share these results with my primary care physician at the next visit.

And I will definitely track the results and see what happens at the next PSA screening in 2018; maybe this test was a fluke then maybe not. For now, LCHF gets another plus from me.

Any thoughts or comments?

Best,
fjk2013

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Here is a summary of my PSA's since 2015. I doctor has me get mine checked infrequently because mine is so low it really is not of concern, lucky me! I am now 67. I started LCHF on 5/1/15

Target PSA 0.00 – 4.00

04/14/14 - 0.56

03/13/15 - 0.60

09/05/17 - 0.90

I guess I could say my PSA has increased since April of 2014, but since it is very low and since they are spaced so far apart, I do not consider this a trend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts