The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to the intro to a Diabetes class today. The nutritionist claimed that LCHF diets were nutritionally unbalanced, unhealthy and potentially dangerous. I'm having a hard time believing this is true. Can someone point me to an easy to understand website, possibly with scientific studies proving her wrong? She is recommending the plate method of dieting, with 1 cup of starch being a choice. Thats a lot of carbs. My glucose levels would shoot right up if I ate that much carbs!

Im a LCHF believer! But, since I'm so new to diabetes, could some of you point me in the right direction? This is supposed to be a 4 week class, but I may not make it past the second.

search for dietdoctor/lchf

I'm too a fervent follower of LCHF diet and beleive me is the best thing I've tried in my 30 years as Type 2. I'm 70 years old, male, 84 kilos, 169 cm tall.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome aboard, Erquiye. If you would, please, click over to our introductions board to start a new thread and tell us more about yourself & how you've managed your diabetes for so long. Dr. Eenfeldt - the Diet Doctor - is one of our favorite persons around here, and we recommend his LCHF for Beginners prob'ly every day of the year! Nice to find someone who already knows him! ;)

This is quite an old thread, and more people will come to meet you if you have a new thread of introduction.

Thank you for joining us & be sure to visit often!

·
Registered
269 Posts
In response to original question . . .

I'm new to this website, please excuse any errors in procedure. However, I was entertained by the comments about dieticians, etc. In my experience, I finally went to a "diabetes educator" who told me most of the same things about being able to eat carb counts that would send my numbers through the roof.

However, she also was employed by a pharmaceutical company that makes insulin, she is an insulin salesperson. There is the answer. It just makes me ill. I tried insulin and gained 20 pounds in a month.

I am now following a book called "The Diabetic Miracle" by Diane Kress, going through an 8 week detox of my liver and pancreas whereby I eat no more than 5 carbs at a time, every 5 hours. My #s were in the 300's previously but since I started LCHF I have not been higher than 160 after meals.

I also believe coconut oil has been a lifesaver, although I'm currently going through some difficulty getting it down. 3 TBSP per day is the only thing that got me through the original sugar/flour detox, I have not been clean maybe ever until now and tomorrow I've succeeded for 3 weeks.

I also started back on Victoza at about the same time I began LCHF. I'm not crazy about it, but have lost 9 pounds. I do not like the feeling of nausea nor the loss of energy and would prefer to come off meds entirely, the other I take being Metformin 2x/day.

In other words, you're not crazy at all, you're a smart chick:loco:
I just now prepared my husbands toddy of 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp C8 MCT OIL, 1/2 cup decaf coffee, a dash of stevia, 1/8 lemon. I place the oils and lemon in my blender and then poured in the warm decaf. Blend a few seconds to blend up the lemon peel really well. He has a similar toddy first thing in the morning. You could prepare your coconut oil in a similar way and it goes down much more pleasantly. My husband takes in this much oil at the direction of his epilepsy doctor. He is on the MAD diet for seizure prevention.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts