The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I injected my bedtime insulin. I use a syringe. Most of the insulin leaked out. Why did the happen? How can I prevent this from happening in the future. My morning blood test was high due to not getting the correct dose of insulin.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Becky. Did the insulin leak out of your syringe, or your body? I am not sure I understand. Did you see it leaking out? Try holding some flesh between two fingers and injecting into that. Count to 10 after removing the needle. Then massage the area. Let me know if that works.

Richard

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Becky. Did the insulin leak out of your syringe, or your body? I am not sure I understand. Did you see it leaking out? Try holding some flesh between two fingers and injecting into that. Count to 10 after removing the needle. Then massage the area. Let me know if that works.

Richard
The insulin leaked out of my body. The injection site was wet and my clothing was damp. I usually hold my finger over the injection site but I didn't last night. I had this leaking problem when I first started injecting in 2005. I had not leaked any insulin in several years. I will massage the area. Thanks for the input.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Becky,
I have the same issue with insulin leakage. I found that putting pressure on the sight after removing the needle, as you said you usually do, is the best way to prevent it. I've also found that injecting the insulin more slowly helps as well. Be sure you are rotating sights too, scar tissue build up might prevent the insulin from absorbing properly.
Hope this helps,
Kendra

1 - 4 of 4 Posts