The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 54 and having type II diabetes for last 10 years and under control. The best way I feel to live with this problem is by understanding oneself with respect to symptoms , habits , food, medication and life style. There cannot be a better person than himself/herself to understand the changes occurring within the body at different periods under different circumstances. This could in fact become a great cue for the person to take an appropriate decision or convey to the Doctor who is being consulted to facilitate the treatment in a effective way. A little research by the patient would go a long way to control and live with this problem.I have practiced this by maintaining my own dairy and it works well. How about giving a try to this simple suggestion:)

·
Registered
930 Posts
yeah well, i told my doctor my background data and he replied that i was self medicating and that was an abuse of medicine so find another doctor. so be careful what he tell your doctor, some want absolute control.

but then i got 3 vials of levemir, 3 vials of novolog, and 1800 test strips for $218 thru medicare before he kicked me out. ;) , but now i have to find a new doctor.

ColaJim

I am 54 and having type II diabetes for last 10 years and under control. The best way I feel to live with this problem is by understanding oneself with respect to symptoms , habits , food, medication and life style. There cannot be a better person than himself/herself to understand the changes occurring within the body at different periods under different circumstances. This could in fact become a great cue for the person to take an appropriate decision or convey to the Doctor who is being consulted to facilitate the treatment in a effective way. A little research by the patient would go a long way to control and live with this problem.I have practiced this by maintaining my own dairy and it works well. How about giving a try to this simple suggestion:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts