The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes taken from Pink Floyd's song..... those 3 words have meant alot to me over the past few years... One it was my dad's favorite band and favorite song... two when he passed I had to learn how to fly without him... and now with the last few months I have had to re learn how to fly.... With that being said I would like to show ya what I had done a few days ago and would LOVE to say it is healing just greatly.. I waited till my sugars where averaging 90-100's and of course went to a very wonderful clean and safe artist... I just simple adore it and love it!!!I have had it done now for 6 days and I am happy to say that it is very close to being healed... Woot Woot I figured that my feet will ONLY get worse and that if there was a time to do it NOW was it!!!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi Meg:

Cool tattoo!! I like the colours. A Well-done job. You are Very brave to have the procedure done on your foot. That sounds painful to me. :eek: Just because you have Diabetes, it doesn't mean that you will have problems with your feet. Nice to see the numbers that you've mentioned. That helps in the healing process a lot, as does colourful vegetables.

I obviously didn't know your Dad but I just have a feeling that he's either rolling his eyes :rolleyes: because you put it on your foot or has a Big grin :D on his face because you did something so off-the-wall in his memory.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Wow!!

WOW I say that's nice Meg :eek:, Some Stilettos would also set that foot off well wouldn't you think?? :rolleyes: The pain has nothing over the ballet shoes that I did ware in my day's of dancing though. ;)
With your learning to fly from your father, Just remember that he is in your heart forever and in time you will find that Nietzsche that he had. ;) :D

Now that's is art as it's beautiful Meg. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Everyone!! It is healing great!!! And glad to say my numbers are remaining where they should be!! I do agree with the heels and have ordered a pair from Amazon just for the occassion!!! GO Carlos Santana (btw his shoes are comfy and great looking)... And my dad would most likely be rolling his eyes lol But I love it and when I look down it makes me think of him and the things that life has handed each of us.... Have a great day :p

·
Registered
663 Posts
I do agree with the heels and have ordered a pair from Amazon just for the occassion!!!
Woo Hoo, Can we get a pic of your feet with the heels please. :D
GO Carlos Santana (btw his shoes are comfy and great looking)... And my dad would most likely be rolling his eyes lol But I love it and when I look down it makes me think of him and the things that life has handed each of us.... Have a great day :p
Hey Meg, I am sure that your dad would love it as I like girls dressed up too. :p

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol I have a pic of me in those heels BEFORE the tattoo :):D Looks like I will have to update and re do my pics lol

·
Registered
663 Posts
Oh Meg, If you can do that for us, We would be so grateful. ;) :D :p

·
Registered
663 Posts
How is your tattoo Meg. Nice nails too. ;):D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Meg ,Great tatoo .Your artist did a great job well centered and the colors :good choices and i'm glad you did'nt get any infections And as Peter (anthill ) said great toenails .Another thing ,i want to congratulate you for you're nomination has a moderator.You & Peter great team .By Richard

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks and Thanks and THank you!! I have yet *knock on wood* to get an infection from any of my tattoos and the healing process went very smooth. My artist was not really wanting to do it at first but once he saw that I got my sugars under control he went ahead and agreed to do it!!!!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Our Meg Has A Tattoo?? <GASP!>

:eek: Hi Meg, this the first time I saw this thread. I'm sure I am old enough to be your Dad. Since the tattoo is on your foot I approve. No problem! If it was on your face or certain other body parts.......well.....er...... oh, never mind. :p

P.S. Ohhhh, OK, I like the tattoo. ;)

Richard

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol.. Never on my face!! Why cover up that beauty!! lol Kidding!!!

Naw I have a few other tattoos.. and am actually planning one for my 4 boys-- that one will be the ouchie one-- down my spine! I think though I may wait to get my pump first before attempting that one and let the weather get warmer AGAIN so that it will heal easier. I have also thought about getting one on the bottom of my wrist to reflect something like a medic alert bracelet. I thought that would be unique and UNLIKE now I would never forget to put it back on..lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts