The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am sufferring from Diabetic and high BP from last 15 years and received my doctor observed thyriod as well. from last one year my legs are swelling. My doctor says it is because of kidney's problem and he asked me to control the diabetics.
I am controlling my diabetics and my thyriod is normal now, but still my legs swelling is not gone.

If you have these complications pl. let me know what treatment we need to take.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My blood pressure is good, but I also have the swelling in my legs/feet. It runs from just below my knees to just before my toes. I posted about it on the "Symptoms" board (sorry if that was the wrong place..:eek:) asking for help on this issue. I have a doctor's appointment this Friday, so I'll get some more answers there, but thanks for the heads up that it could be lymph edema and that diabetics retain fluids as part of the disease. Knowing the second one relieves a little of my worry...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Speak to your doctor about support stockings. I use them during long drives or flights. They help control the swelling, and work wonders for the aches and pains. I usually use the 8-15mmHg/Mild compression. I also use the diabetic socks when I'm home for comfort. I like to buy online from a place called the compression shop.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
If you have thyroid problem, you also may have thyroid myxodemia which also lead to what we in Norway call "thigh in shoes" meaning your legs will swollow and you can actually swollow so much it seems like the thigh goes all the way down into your shoe (but thats extreme).

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi, I am sufferring from Diabetic and high BP from last 15 years and received my doctor observed thyriod as well. from last one year my legs are swelling. My doctor says it is because of kidney's problem and he asked me to control the diabetics.
I am controlling my diabetics and my thyriod is normal now, but still my legs swelling is not gone.

If you have these complications pl. let me know what treatment we need to take.

Thanks in advance.
Support stockings will definitely help. The other thing that might help is if you are drinking soda or pop even diet is to stop. Soda or Pop can also cause your legs to swell. If you do drink carbonated beverages try going without them for a couple of weeks. You should notice an improvement.
If your legs start hurting or aching and turn red, then go to the ER. The swelling could be the sign of something serious such as a blood clot. I do wish you the best and know you will solve the mystery of the "swollen legs and feet".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.