The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I made this last night. It was easy and very delicious. Will be making this again - and again. Am partial to sweet, moist, cold (love puddings, custards, mousses, ice cream, etc) and this fit the bill.

Used my now-regular sweetening combo of erythritol and a few drops of Splenda (in both cheesecake and crust) and managed to get the balance right enough that I swore someone switched out mine for one with sugar! I did use a lot less sweetener than the recipe calls for - adjust as she recommends by tasting as you go. Also could not tell when I had another piece this morning for breakfast (guilty confession ... but did not spike me!)

Garnish w/ finely-grated lemon peel on top and a twisted lemon peel in the center ...

Lemon Cheesecake « Buttoni's Low Carb Recipes

Lemon Cheesecake

2 8-oz pkgs. cream cheese, softened
38 drops liquid sucralose (or 1½ c. granular Splenda)
1 pkt. unflavored gelatin
lemon zest from 2 lemons
lemon juice (from 2 large lemons)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. cream, whipped
1 baked, cooled Pecan Pie Crust: Pecan Pie Crust « Buttoni's Low Carb Recipes

DIRECTIONS: Pour gelatin onto the lemon juice in a small saucepan and heat on lowest heat, stirring until dissolved. Whip cream cheese in a large bowl with sweetener until smooth. Add lemon juice, zest and vanilla. Beat until smooth and well blended. I like to use my food processor to achieve the smoothest mixture possible. In another bowl, whip the cream with an electric mixer until quite stiff (but not butter!). Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. When well incorporated, pour into cooled pie crust. Chill several hours and serve.

·
Registered
741 Posts
ah huh...it's father's day here in Oz next week and this will work beautifully....thanx muchly!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I'll be making this soon too, Moon . . . thanks!

I clicked your link to have a look at Buttoni's site & was then compelled to go visit her previous recipe - Turnip Hash! heheh! :D Think I better try that one too!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, there are a number that are on my To Try list - the squash casserole looks like great comfort food.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
This sounds fantatic, will definitely try it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ooooohhhh sounds so good! I'm going to make this on Saturday and the kids aint getting none of it LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts