The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank all of the members who contributed suggestions and thoughtful comments to my recent post: "How Do You AVOID the Inevitable Spike After a Low BG ???"

I have listened to the numerous suggestions, and am happy to report that I'm doing much better. That isn't to mean that I'll never have another sugar low, but, I've adjusted my insulin, started putting more effort into counting carbs, and went to using those glucose tablets as soon as I feel symptoms and verify that my numbers are starting to drop. The glucose tablets seem to keep me from "free-falling" and over-correcting. This may not be an answer to another diabetic, but, it seems to be working for me.

I really consider my membership on this forum a blessing, and I truly appreciate each and everyone of you who are so compassionate and experienced with diabetes.

You all deserve "kudos" for your faithfulness to those who write in with problems and get such tremendous help, quick support and compassion. All of you should take a "curtain call" bow for your efforts to help each other.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :D

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
And what you should do is not leave home without your meter, right?! :eek: People on insulin carry their meters (and their glucose tabs) with them everywhere they go! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Thtas awesome...I am so glad you are doing better. I hate going low and the tendency to over correct is so easy to fall into. The first few times I *way* over corrected because I felt so weird I guess I panicked a bit and ended up high afterwards. The glucose tabs are great. I also carry a small tube of frosting sometimes when I am going to the gym or going to be doing a lot of hiking or exercising. It works quick and is easy to carry :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frosting, Sounds Sweet !!!

Thtas awesome...I am so glad you are doing better. I hate going low and the tendency to over correct is so easy to fall into. The first few times I *way* over corrected because I felt so weird I guess I panicked a bit and ended up high afterwards. The glucose tabs are great. I also carry a small tube of frosting sometimes when I am going to the gym or going to be doing a lot of hiking or exercising. It works quick and is easy to carry :)
Love the frosting idea. It would work quickly, and taste 100 times better than these gels, tabs, and drinks.

I know about the wierd feeling when you're low. That feeling for me is panic. If I can just have faith in the corrective methods I take at the onset of a low, I'll do better than giving into to the panic and consuming more than I really need.

Thanks for your words of encouragement.

pastor Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts