And a backup happened to your commode!

Cut - you did with a pocket knife
Paste you did with glue
A web was a spider's home
And a virus was the flu!

I guess I'll stick to my pad and paper
And the memory in my head
I hear nobody's been killed in a computer crash
But when it happens they wish they were dead!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
HA! Luv it..:D (Of course now I just realized that technology has messed up the true meaning of some of our words. Like there isn't enough confused People out there. ;) ). I'll certainly be sending it around though. :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
Life before Computers.

WOW What a change from the TV and cameras and other thing that computers do today.
I was in ballet class in the late 60's early 70's and the whole deal about computers was just a glimmer of what we see today.
Then come 1981 when the first computers were available and that has changed peoples lives forever, Including me. As I have gotten fatter and with a thirst for knowledge, I had my first box in '85 and since then have learned a lot.
Take that away and I will be left with not much hope for a job as computer literacy is indeed an advantage in employment today and that is in just about any industry. ;)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi Peter:

Are you still behaving? ;)

You're sure right about the literacy being important for employment. It amazes me when you see these shows that are based on true stories where People go through their whole Life and no one( but maybe their Wife or Husband) knows that they can't read. I don't know how they fooled so many People.

I think I saw where they had the first computer was huge. I forget what show that was. It took up most of the room. That was for a business though. Who was the first company to make a computer Peter? IBM? Probablly not, eh? :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Life before Diabetes

How I wish I was young again. To fill the wind whistling my hair as I drove my bike. I pity kids sitting at the laptop. What they miss!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts