The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who isn't into politics and didn't hear this on the news,
I thought this article should be added since this news is so important to us with Diabetes. It just goes to show that if you have a dream, it is possible. Make it come true!!

To Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor, you are an inspiration and an exceptional Person in all that you have accomplished so far in your Life. We wish you a continued Healthy and Successful Future. You've come a long way Baby! :D :clap2: Respectful Congratulations!!

Diabetes News - American Diabetes Association

·
Registered
279 Posts
That is so awesome. I didn't know that. I'm always telling my kids what sports figures, rock stars and other people in the public eye and much admired have diabetes. Thanks for giving me another name for my list!

·
Registered
663 Posts
UMMM.... Can Ballet fit in this too. :eek:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi Terrie,

This is indeed important news for us.

I looked up another link in the Wikipedia Encyclopedia.

Sonia has Type 1 Diabetes since she was 8 years old. She was inspired to go into a legal career and become a judge by watching the Perry Mason TV series.

She put great stress on education for her children by buying the Brittanica Encyclopedia for them.

Sonia Sotomayor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ruth

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi Ruby,

You said that you have a list of important people with Diabetes. Could you please share some of the names that you have?

Ruth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts