The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bobby Orr was on Canada AM promoting a product called LivRelief. One of the products was for nerve pain and they mentioned diabetic neuropathy, which I suffer from. I can barely walk and sleep is almost impossible because the minute the sheets touch my feet I am awake. I decided to give it a try.

Their website showed GNC as a distributor and they had a store close to me. I was so impressed that the guy in the store, in answer to my surprise that is was $30 for a small tube, said to try it for a week or two and bring it back if it didn't work. I had nothing to lose.

I started applying the cream in the morning and right before bed. I had low expectations that it would be some sort of miracle cream. I am truly shocked that, although it's only been five days now, my pain is at least fifty percent less! I can walk. Instead of sleeping only a couple of hours, last night I slept seven hours, something I haven't done in years. I know it's still early, but if this keeps getting better I may have no pain at all. Wouldn't that be great?

I'm not quite ready to give it a total endorsement, but it sure is promising. As for the price, I should mention that I am only applying a small dab on each foot. The guy in the store said it should last me a month and that looks to be true, so a dollar a day for pain relief is well worth it. Here's hoping.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Am I wrong for assuming you are diabetic? If not what type and what are your BG numbers? Controlling your BG to keep it under 6.7 mmol/L (120 mg/dL) might be beneficial in reducing neuropathy pains if you are not there now. It would also be beneficial for reducing chances of developing other complications related to diabetes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diabetic?

Yes, I was diagnosed back in 2004 and it was under control under my life kind of fell apart and I went without meds for six weeks, which did a lot of damage. I'm on Lantus and NovaRapid and other meds now.

My sugars were in the high twenties and low thirties a while back, but it is getting much better. Had some 4s, 6s, and 8s recently. Haven't seen those numbers in years.

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts