The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I download this pretty nice app for my Droid "On Track" & I'm a little confused on some issues On how to record certain things accurately.

First what are the units that a novolog pen delivers in... I just call them units & I know (at least for for me) that novolog works on a 16/1 ratio, meaning if my level was 180 (according to my relyon metter) say, I would inject 6 units & have a meal with 20 carbs that would bring my levels right in between 90 & 100. But I'm not really aware of what unit one click on a novolog pen is. Any of you guess know ?

Also the only two choices the app gives me for medication is humalin or humalog. Is novolog one of these "types" ?

Also is weighing myself everyday necessary ? I'm 5'11 190 lbs & don't really fluctuate that much.

Well any advice or comments would be great thanks !

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ok so I download this pretty nice app for my Droid "On Track" & I'm a little confused on some issues On how to record certain things accurately.

First what are the units that a novolog pen delivers in... I just call them units & I know (at least for for me) that novolog works on a 16/1 ratio, meaning if my level was 180 (according to my relyon metter) say, I would inject 6 units & have a meal with 20 carbs that would bring my levels right in between 90 & 100. But I'm not really aware of what unit one click on a novolog pen is. Any of you guess know ?

Also the only two choices the app gives me for medication is humalin or humalog. Is novolog one of these "types" ?

Also is weighing myself everyday necessary ? I'm 5'11 190 lbs & don't really fluctuate that much.

Well any advice or comments would be great thanks !
If you are using a pen and I am correct, each click of the pen will dose one unit. Since you dial up the dose before you inject, you will see the number of units that you have dialed up in little window on your pen.
Since your app was free I went and downloaded it to my phone. After looking at it, I find it to be very vague and not very clear in how one does things. Also I don't see a way to add in different insulins from what is already posted. I think I will stick with the Track3 App as it has a lot more flexibility. I do wish you the best in figuring things out, I would contact the people who developed the app and ask them how to add in new insulin(s), etc.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You really have to look at the specifics of your pen. My pens are 2u per click, but my uncle's are 0.5u/click.
You bring up a good point. Yes the Novolog Jr. Pens dial up in half unit clicks. I did not know there were pens that dialed 2 units per click. Learn something new every day. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use a Kwikpen, it has numbers every other click (after1), each CLICK tho is one unit.
I liked the old humalog pens better but they are no more.

Gomer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts