The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 89 years old. I am a type 1 brittle diabetic. I was not expected to live past 65 but am still around due to careful management and diet. However, the last two years have been terrible. I am unable to properly manage and have required assistance from my son due to multiple 911 calls. I am trying to regain control and hope to get some ideas from other folks like myself.

·
Registered
168 Posts
This forum will give you a new direction, if you take the advice given. I did, and have enjoyed normal bg for the past 16 months. Incidently, most people I have run into who call themselves "brittle" are also clueless about how to manage their bg.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Bob, welcome! How long have you had type 1? What particular problems are you having? Do you use a pump, or injections? Do you have both highs and lows? We need more information before we can help. The book "Using Insulin" by John Walsh has helped many insulin dependent diabetics with their control. Walsh has also written "Pumping Insulin".

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Bob.

I'm sure with a bit more information about your diabetes as Richard suggested, and any specific questions you have, you can expect helpful comments and advice. The collective knowledge of this forum's members is awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts