The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a retired 78 year old gent. I've been a T2 for around 40 years. I'm on Lipitor (22u) with Lantus when needed, and on very low carb (carnivore) diet. I love carbs, but I just can't eat them. My BG skyrockets if I do. As long as I don't touch carbs, my A1C stays around 5.0 all the time.

I don't see an Endo at all, cuz I keep getting bad info from them, and I don't want them preaching to me. I find I get better info from other long-term diabetics. , However, I do follow Dr Ken Barry on you tube. His experiences are similar to mine.

·
Super Moderator
1,940 Posts
Welcome to the site, Dale! We're glad you chose to join us.

I am a member of a few different Web forums on managing blood glucose and I've seen several reports of positive outcomes on a carnivore eating plan. My perception is that it's a little more difficult to manage a carnivorous eating plan in public but obviously it can be done. I'd be interested in seeing a few posts from you on how you handle things like eating out, wedding receptions, etc. That might help other folks decide if carnivorous is a fit for them.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Welcome, Dale! This is a great place for knowledge and encouragement. I don't see an endo either--never seen the need for it.
I'm 66 and been a T2 for 10 years. I'm sure we could learn a lot from your 40 years of experience. Hope you stick around and post often.

·
Super Moderator
9,724 Posts
Hi Dale, welcome to the forum.

As etherea said, we could learn a lot from your 40 years experience.

Have watched some of Dr. Berry's videos. He is a character. I really liked his Keto is the worst diet in the world video. Just now watched his Carnivore diet can be restrictive video. I will be looking at more of them.

Looking forward to to seeing more posts from you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts