The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning - hoping to just share information with others with diabetes - I just turned 50 :) - diagnosed with I was 47 and have just ignored the fact that I'm diabetic - almost 3 years later and my most recent A1c was 8.5. Not good - started getting vertigo so decided I should own up and take control. I'm on metformin - taking 500mg 2xs per day - and have really changed my diet - doctors says my cholesterol is bad and lipids too but I'm taking it one step at a time with focus right now on getting the BS down. I'm hoping my next A1c test will be in the 5-6 range. This morning my fasting BS was 82 so I'm feeling great about that. Most days I've been in the low 100s but I did about 40 mins on the elliptical last night and maybe that was the difference!

Wishing all a good low BS day - in more ways that one :) - Julia

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome Julia!! We are so pleased to have you here. This is the most supportive and informative place on the whole interenet!! :) We want you to get good control of your diabetes and BS as well. We hope you visit often and ask all the questions you want. It is important to take this disease one day at a time.
I sometimes call this the BS disease. It seems to fit in more ways than one!!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome, Julia . . . I hope you'll decide that you've found that support group right here. Thank you for joining us. Prowl around through our threads for lots of information and ask all the questions you want. We're happy to have a new friend!

:welcome:

·
Registered
36 Posts
"own up and take control" - That's the spirit! And, you have found a very supportive bunch!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Good morning - hoping to just share information with others with diabetes - I just turned 50 :) - diagnosed with I was 47 and have just ignored the fact that I'm diabetic - almost 3 years later and my most recent A1c was 8.5. Not good - started getting vertigo so decided I should own up and take control. I'm on metformin - taking 500mg 2xs per day - and have really changed my diet - doctors says my cholesterol is bad and lipids too but I'm taking it one step at a time with focus right now on getting the BS down. I'm hoping my next A1c test will be in the 5-6 range. This morning my fasting BS was 82 so I'm feeling great about that. Most days I've been in the low 100s but I did about 40 mins on the elliptical last night and maybe that was the difference!

Wishing all a good low BS day - in more ways that one :) - Julia
Hello and welcome to the forum! I think you will like our website, I sure do! I have had so much support and help and there is so much information to be learned here. I hope you take time to visit often.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome to the Forums!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts