The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use a generic Target monitor and kit. Works great and the case has room for a can of strips, the meter, needles, and sticker. However when I travel, I bring a separate sharps container (an old strip can) so I am not leaving used needles and strips all over the place. The extra can won't fit in my case though. Does anyone know of a generic case that would have room for 2 cans plus all the rest?

(by "can" I mean the film-canister sized container for strips).

Thanks,
Surfer

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I am looking, myself.

I now carry two pens with me as well as testing supplies, but I see lots of Frios and cases for syringes-and-vials ... Not happy with what is out there yet!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
foxl - what's the "Type 1.5" in your sig mean?
Just curious.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Yeah, but that is only for pens ... I want a comprehensive kit for meter, strips, pens, log, extra needles and extra lancets.

amazon was the first place I looked and I was not satisfied.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I wonder if you could use make up cases. They come in varying sizes. I usually just carry a baggie in my purse for the old strips.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Walmart has a black case that I use all the time for both pens and vials, holds my meter and a storage case for needles and such. It can be kind of cumbersome but I've really gotten to like it. I'll keep looking for the link for it, but it is always with the diabetes supplies there. Good luck!

·
Inactive Member
5,318 Posts
http://go.shopsavvy.mobi/826030013595

Here is the link for the Walmart one. I use it as well. I keep two vials insulin and up to 6 syringes in the 4 loops on the left. I keep lancets and wipes in the pouch on the left. That pouch is held by Velcro. On the right I keep a rube of glucose tablets and test strips (sometimes two strip containers as needed). In the netting I store my meter, lancer, and a pencil.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I hit the last straw last night -- pens and pencils just disappear -- or are beheaded -- on our table!

So, I just bought the Medport travel organizer. Will let you all know how I like it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Pelican 1040 or 1050 case...use it for all my supplies...can carry two pens, film can with test strips, a week of needs and a couple of weeks with pokers. tester, etc. Lots of room in this. waterproof and goes in my kayak without issue!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Some years ago I got frustrated at not being able to find a proper sized soft case so I made one. It was an entire day of work and did the trick. I wasn't that handy at the time with a sewing machine but I doubted that short of a sweat shop one could make them and make a living doing it...

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Some years ago I got frustrated at not being able to find a proper sized soft case so I made one. It was an entire day of work and did the trick. I wasn't that handy at the time with a sewing machine but I doubted that short of a sweat shop one could make them and make a living doing it...
So what's it look like? We are interested!!!

I ended up buying a pouch type bag from a clothing store online. It is big enough to fit my meter case (I carry the Mini One Touch). I keep my test strips and lancets in that. It fits nicely in this pouch bag. I have plenty of room inside to store my flexpen(s), extra test strips canisters, my pill separator (Monday-Sunday 7 day AM/PM), with a zippered compartment on outside of bag that I keep my pen needle caps in. When I am done using the pen needle cap, I just put it in the bag and throw away the non-biohazardous parts of the cap. I also just put used strips in the pouch. I guess I could just keep a plastic baggie in there and put used stuff in it. I dispose when I am at home where I have all biohazard waste in a sharp's container.

I like this pouch because it is stylish for a woman (mine is lipstick pink!), and it is patent leather, sturdy, durable, and I can carry in my purse, or carry like a clutch purse if going to a restaurant. I can even carry some cash, credit card, driver's license, and a lipstick if need be.

Works just great for me. I also do not need it to be cold because I use flexpens that do not require refrigeration once pen is opened.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Walmart sells a larger Relion brand case for about 6 or 7 dollars. Just bought my husband one last week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So what's it look like? We are interested!!!
Sadly I do not have it anymore. My car was stolen 2 years ago and it was in the car. You never know what you're going to lose in a situation like that.

Maybe when I get around to having a sewing machine mechanic to come by and tune up my machines I'll make another. Unfortunately my zigzag keeps breaking needles when I go into reverse :( Oh I need 40h days to get everything done...

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
After buying TWO online, I am happy with the Dia-Pak deluxe ... it has tons of elastic loops and pockets, including 2 zipper compartments amd namy more without.

It holds 2 insulin pens, my meter, my testing supplies (lancer, strips, pen and log), and spare needles and lancets, and glucose tabs as well. It is a bit large, but holds it all, and there is an ice compartment for longer trips ... which I have not used yet, ice pack is in freezer!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Exactly what are you carrying? You might be able to use a thick clam shell eyeglass case. Do you have enough room for pill box of some sort? I use one of these to carry my pills. It might work for you. I clip it to my pouch. Amazon.com: keychain pill holder

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I think most of the dedicated bags for diabetics are too small for your needs and would not be able to hold a sharps container as well as your other supplies. I would suggest something more in line with a compact camera bag with plenty of compartments in the bag to hold everything you want to carry with you. One example could be something like the following:

Case Logic SLMC-202 Compact Camera Kit Bag Review | GeekAlerts

Of course you would have to find one more to your liking but there are plenty of camera bags on the market as opposed to diabetes toolbags.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts