The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a favorite recipe for chocolate pudding - the kind like our Mother or Grandmother used to cook on top of the stove?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Does anyone have a favorite recipe for chocolate pudding - the kind like our Mother or Grandmother used to cook on top of the stove?

It's not really a recipe, but I just bought Jello Sugar Free/Fat Free Cook ' Serve Chocolate pudding. It has zero sugar and just a few carbs per 1/4 cup. I haven't tried it yet and tested, so I don't know what the effect will be.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please let us know how you like it. I've had the instant puddings but never tried the sugar free variety.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I've used the s/f instant puddings once in a great while - more for DH than myself - and I've also made them with diluted cream (1:1 with water) instead of milk. The texture is a little different, but as a processed instant product goes, it's acceptable. Nothing like grandma used to make . . . :eek:

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Yep can use cream and almond milk ... IF they do not spike you. Straight cream might slow down the peak, more.

2 tsp in a cup of HWC, whipped makes a nice topping, for other things, too!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I had it a little while ago, and it was fabulous. I wouldn't expect sugar free pudding to taste great. I put a dollop of whipped topping and some flax meal on top. Bad news, I got a 30-pt. spike from it, which is odd, because there's 0 sugar and only 3 carbs. But then I'm new at this whole diabetes thang.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I've used the s/f instant puddings once in a great while - more for DH than myself - and I've also made them with diluted cream (1:1 with water) instead of milk. The texture is a little different, but as a processed instant product goes, it's acceptable. Nothing like grandma used to make . . . :eek:

Maybe that's why I had a spike? I wanted to use up the skim milk I had in the fridge before getting dx'd so that may have added sugar and carbs to it.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Another thing I have done when I want a chocolate fix is to mix Trader Joes greek yogurt ( 7 carbs per cup) and some sour cream together. Then I stir in some low carb chocolate whey powder and a splash of Torani sugar free syrup. I've also done the same thing with heavy whipping cream and whip it in my Magic Bullet and add some chocolate whey powder or dark cocoa. Another low carb website I use a lot is Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home She has tons of dessert recipes.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Another thing I have done when I want a chocolate fix is to mix Trader Joes greek yogurt ( 7 carbs per cup) and some sour cream together. Then I stir in some low carb chocolate whey powder and a splash of Torani sugar free syrup. I've also done the same thing with heavy whipping cream and whip it in my Magic Bullet and add some chocolate whey powder or dark cocoa. Another low carb website I use a lot is Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home She has tons of dessert recipes.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I had it a little while ago, and it was fabulous. I wouldn't expect sugar free pudding to taste great. I put a dollop of whipped topping and some flax meal on top. Bad news, I got a 30-pt. spike from it, which is odd, because there's 0 sugar and only 3 carbs. But then I'm new at this whole diabetes thang.
I know this was your first full day with your meter. How was your fasting and your after meal readings?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts