The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Jenny. I am 27 years old. I just moved from Oklahoma to Talent, Oregon with my husband and my 5 month old son. I was diagnosed with diabetes when I was 5 years old. I would just like to find other people who understand what I have to go through everyday.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hi Joyce, welcome! It can be frustrating when you do not know any other type 1 diabetics in your own area. This support group is a good substitute. I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6, and am very healthy. There are several type 1 diabetics here, so ask all the questions you want.

Richard

Reactions: Joshua Shorter

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Hey, Jenny ...

Looks like you found us! :welcome:

Oh, I love the Rogue River Valley. Hope you're settling in well. Please settle in with us, too!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hey! If you're looking for diabetics, I would say you found the right place! We love to offer support and encouragement and to let people share the same with us. It's a great place to find people who understand and help you through daily life. Hope you enjoy and come back often!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Hi Jenny, welcome to the forum. I am sure you are lucky you escaped the Oklahoma heat this summer. My niece lives in Norman and says they have been dreadfully hot. I have always heard Oregon is a great place to live. Lots of my son's friends have moved from Ohio to Portland. This is a great place for support and just friendship, just like a big family.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Yes, I love it here in Oregon. It's just I struggle everyday to eat right and keep my diabetes under control. I can use all the advice I can get.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Hi there! Welcome aboard this tiny ship in the middle of an ocean of sugar water!

When you have time, read some of our archives and you'll find lots of good advice and ideas of how we manage ours, remembering we are all unique. Our recipe section is full of good ideas also.

Ask away and someone will probably answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts