The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was too slow refilling one of my prescriptions this week and ended up going without for a few days. Well wonder of wonders I've lost over 3 lbs in 3 days. I have been trying to figure out for 3 months what has caused my weight loss to stall. I looked at when I started this new script and it coincides perfectly with the stall.

So I've found the culprit but not so sure what to do about the med. Time to call the doctor and beg to try a different one I guess. We'll see how that goes. In the meantime I'm debating whether I can get away with not taking it for a bit longer (it feels so good to be losing again!!!) or if I'm being a dummy to even think that. The pain has come back already from not taking it so... we'll see.

Either way it's a burden off my mind to know that it's not that I have been eating too much, screwing up my diet, not exercising enough, etc. It has really been getting me down and doubting everything I have learned lately about diet, BG control, life, the universe and everything. I've been religiously tracking what I eat and nothing has changed other than this medication. So to anyone who still clings to "calories in, calories out"... *censored*!

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the med if I may ask? It might help others who are in a similar boat.
It's not a diabetes medication so I'm not sure how helpful this is to others. It's Aygestin which helps prevent endometiosis tumors from growing/spreading.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I wimped out and started taking my med again as the pain was just too much. Weighed myself this morning and I'm holding steady but no more weight loss. So yeah this is definitely what is sabotaging my weight loss efforts... :(

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and now I'm gaining weight again. Experiments are fun and I love proving that I'm right but ... boo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts