The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think we all find what works for us. At diagnosis I was a touch overweight- 148 pounds but not a lot. My doctor suggested I try losing a little more. At first I thought he was crazy. But I started to change my "healthy diet". I cut out the oatmeal and healthy cereals, I cut out the brown rice and quinoa, I cut out the whole grain pastas and fruit. Before I knew it I had lost 10 pounds. I did a little more tweaking and cut out all boxed and processed foods and wheat products and I dropped to 112 pounds. I now have added a few organic carbs back in ( sprouted grain bread) and I am now 116-118. I eat 2000+ calories a day and still enjoy a glass or two of wine in the evenings. I am able to control my bgs without the use of insulin. I feel weight loss is so important to good bg control. Sometimes it takes trying different things to find what works for you. Congats on your weight loss.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.