The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question on low BS symptoms. I've been a diabetic for 16 years now, and recently I'm experiencing a symptom with my low BS that is new to me! :eek:

Does anyone else experience dizziness with their lows, especially if you get up from sitting of laying down? :confused:

Thanks for your response!

Pastor Paul

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Just a quick question on low BS symptoms. I've been a diabetic for 16 years now, and recently I'm experiencing a symptom with my low BS that is new to me! :eek:

Does anyone else experience dizziness with their lows, especially if you get up from sitting of laying down? :confused:

Thanks for your response!

Pastor Paul
Paul, HI!!!! I don't feel anything, my hands might shake a little but it has to be below 35. I am in the unawareness category! :eek:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Thank you...BTW, how are you doing?
I am doing pretty good, can't complain. Gotta watch the weather reports this time of year, I try not to run errands in inclimate weather.

Paul, are you having problems with your basal or rapid acting insulin?

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
no, i dont get dizzy. i do tend to become somewhat aloof, absent minded and "slow" when i get low

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Basal/Rapid Acting Insulin!

I don't think I'm having problems. In fact, my numbers have been extremely good. I'm usually between 75 and 105 at breakfast, and between 80 to 140 at bedtime. If I'm under 100, at bedtime, I eat a granola bar, which brings me up to around 110, and giving me pre-breakfast numbers between 100 and 115.

I average around 3 to 5 lows a week, and a low is between 51 to 70. But, I'm working at correcting that problem too. This diabetes thing is one big trial and error thing, not to forget, it is extremely frustrating at times!

Thanks for asking...

Pasul

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
When my bgs go into the low 70's I do get a light headed feeling. But I often get dizzy when my bgs are in the normal range. I need to be careful of how I bend down and stand up quickly. I can't do certain yoga poses anymore or dance moves that involve spinning. I think it may be more a blood pressure issue. Mine tends to fluctuate from normal to fairly low very quickly. There is something called Autotomic Neuropathy which it seems a lot of D's are susceptible to.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

When my bgs go into the low 70's I do get a light headed feeling. But I often get dizzy when my bgs are in the normal range. I need to be careful of how I bend down and stand up quickly. I can't do certain yoga poses anymore or dance moves that involve spinning. I think it may be more a blood pressure issue. Mine tends to fluctuate from normal to fairly low very quickly. There is something called Autotomic Neuropathy which it seems a lot of D's are susceptible to.
I notice the same thing now that you mentioned it> I'd check my BS's and they be in the low 80's or high 70's. I guess it's been so long since I've been in that range that my body doesn't know what to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts