The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
24,406 Posts
No - this my first introduction to her & her writing . . . but she sure has a handle on the low-carb way-of-eating! I'm going to work my way through all of her articles as time permits, and I found her blog linked on Livin' La Vida Low-Carb where Jimmy says
- Not all registered dietitians are spouting the same old low-fat, calorie-counting nonsense. Read “Fat on a Low Carb Diet” at Livestrong.com by Ashley Jacob, RD. I think Ashley is like a growing trend of RDs and other medical professionals who are becoming enlightened by the science.

· Registered
24,406 Posts
My father-in-law had eggs and bacon for all of his adult life and then had an accident requiring brain surgery and his surgeon came out of the operating room to tell us that he had never seen such clean arteries in a 65 year old man before. This was in 1976 when low fat was the rule. The surgeon was a young man who had been trained in the low fat time-zone.
Isn't that something? I hope that young surgeon opened his mind after seeing that for himself.

· Registered
24,406 Posts
Thank you for appreciating my work! =) I was happy to read your comments! :eek: ;) :D

Ashley Jacob, MS, RD
You're more than welcome! Come around anytime - we'd love to have your input!

And Ashley? If some of the options aren't working right for you, it's only because you need a few more posts to gain "active" member status, and then all the perks like private messaging & profile pix will be available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.