The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,796 Posts
My father-in-law had eggs and bacon for all of his adult life and then had an accident requiring brain surgery and his surgeon came out of the operating room to tell us that he had never seen such clean arteries in a 65 year old man before. This was in 1976 when low fat was the rule. The surgeon was a young man who had been trained in the low fat time-zone.

· Registered
8,796 Posts
I have no idea, but I remember it like yesterday. I had tried Atlkins, but quit it at the time when my doctor scared me of it. I can say that last week seeing a new to me 47 yr. old cardiologist and he asked me if my weightloss had been on purpose and I told him "YES" that he asked me how and when I told him Atkins, he said he'd had a teacher who recommended it, but he was scared of it. I then told him my cardiologist had been delighted when I told him and he asked who that was, and said he knew him and would discuss it with him soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.