The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again from Your Lighter Side is a good sounding dressing recipe for turkey day and I thought it appropriate to share it...

Get stuffed: savory turkey stuffing recipe uses low-carb staple
Stale oopsie rolls never looked this good
It's the most wonderful time of the year--for a low-carber.
Thanksgiving, with its promises of tender turkeys, gracious gravies and varied vegetables, is a wild wonderland of flavor and fun for anyone watching their girthing while celebrating our nation's birthing.
This stuffing is meant to be baked in a separate casserole dish, so the addition of water will help keep your bounty moist and ready to go, whether it's for college football or the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. If you choose to stuff the bird, the addition of water will most likely not be necessary.
Atkins induction friendly, and gluten-free, one thing is for sure: this dish will do a touchdown dance on the fourth Thursday in November-- all while keeping you from floating out of your pants.
Stuffing
3 cups stale oopsies
3 cups celery, chopped (make sure to get leaves in there, too!)
1 cup onion chopped
1 cup butter, melted
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp thyme
3/4 cup hot water
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Toss all ingredients except water. Add water and toss. Transfer to a covered 2 quart casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
Makes 6, 3/4 cup servings
Nutritional Information: Calories: 350, Carbohydrates: 5 g, Fiber: 1.5 g, Net Carbohydrates: 3.5 g, Protein: 4.5 g, Fat: 35 g

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I have tried oopsies, I think they taste more like cream cheese and eggs than bread, so I am going to substitute my hamburger buns, maybe use chicken broth instead of water, and a few other tweaks. It might be a winner. Thanks for posting this recipe in time for Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
And do report on how your 'tweaks' work out! We need all the help we can find.
Will do, but I plan to do my experimenting on Thanksgiving day. Of course I won't serve it to my guests, just DH, my son and myself. The others will be eating the real thing. So there will be no report until Thanksgiving is over, unfortunately. But in my family we also have stuffing for Christmas.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I decided it was best not to do my experimenting on Thanksgiving, so I did it today. Glad I made that decision. The highest praise I can give it is it is edible. I'm not giving up, there is another idea rolling around in my head, but I won't be trying it for a while. If anything good comes of it, I'll let you know. :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts