The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not tried these but a (very picky) friend has and to her palate the peanut butter ones are so-so, the almond ones incredibly delicious with no aftertaste.

They look really interesting. High protein, no sugar alcohol, no weird filler ingredients, 4 net carbs which are from nuts. I've ordered some because I didn't want to wait for samples which take forever. The online reviews are quite good.

You can check 'em out and get a free sample of each bar here:

Quest low carb protein bar

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
That is a lot of fiber in each bar from Chichory Root. They look pretty good, I'll have to try some.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
SIX week wait? What a load! lol

I see they DO have sugar in em, according to the labels they show on their website

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I see they DO have sugar in em, according to the labels they show on their website
Have you tried Lo Han Guo with bad results? I haven't but read it doesn't have an effect on blood sugar, is something like 300x sweetness of sugar so the amt used must be miniscule, and some sites said it lowers it (which I'm skeptical of.)

Anyone else used it?

And I thought sucralose/splenda was safe?

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Hmmm I know what chicory (inulin fiber) does to me -- gas. But other than that these look GOOD! I might give em a try.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can only wish our developing country can have products like this ...

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Hmmm I know what chicory (inulin fiber) does to me -- gas. But other than that these look GOOD! I might give em a try.
I bought a box of the non-peanut-butter ones several months back. Every time I ate one, I got severe gas. I don't eat them any more. My son says that the peanut-butter ones (which I found excessively sweet to my taste) don't do that to him. I gave him the rest of my box of the non-peanut-butter ones, and he says they gave him gas, too. I'll stick with my roasted pumpkin seeds and almonds as snacks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.