The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been experimenting, trying to come up with an ice cream recipe where the ice cream is smooth, and without all those ice crystals in it, and this is what I came up with. And of course I pour some strawberry syrup on top before eating.

The instructions are for the ice cream makes that don't use salt and ice to freeze.

Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup Walden Farms strawberry syrup (or flavor of choice)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons Stevia
2 pkts. Splenda
1 1/4 cup heavy cream

With an electric mixer, beat all but the heavy cream until smooth.
Use a spoon to stir in the cream 1/4 cup at a time. (Because the mixture is thick, there is no need to chill before using if you make the ice cream at once.)
Turn on the ice cream maker, pour the mixture down the chute.
Churn 20 minutes, or until frozen. You probably won't have to churn it as long as most other ice creams because it starts out kind of thick.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Sounds great. I just bought an ice cream maker at Costco last month. My daughter has been using it to make high carb ice cream. This looks great and I think I have all the ingredients. Does it freeze up pretty good or does it freeze hard as a rock.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It freezes hard, but I've never met a sugar-free ice cream that doesn't, even the store-bought kind. I freeze it in a covered, microwave safe plastic container, and nuke it 30 seconds to soften a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts