The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,095 Posts
When the body has to learn to use fat instead of carbohydrates as energy it take a while where we will feel awful. It even got a name - the Atkins flue.
For most people it takes about 2 weeks before the body starts to feel fine, but sometimes it can take a bit longer.
It is important to eat enough fat and also drink a lot of water. Many also need to take magnesium supplements in this period. It helps for the muscles.
Blurry eye I think is because your BG has dropped quickly, and that will go back to normal after a while.

· Registered
1,095 Posts
The recommandation of protein here in Norway is between 1 gram and 2,5 gram for each kilo bodymass.
I am not active since I have lots of health issue, and need only 1 gram pr.kilo bodymass.
One of my sons who is an active long distance runner and compete much, exercise twice a day, and do Interval Training 3 times a week + has a fysical job, needs 2,5 gram protein for each kilo bodymass.
I don`t think it is a good thing to increase the protein to much as it really makes the kidney work hard.

· Registered
1,095 Posts
Interesting. If I'm not mistaken, your 1g/kilo works out to exactly 16% with a 2000 calorie diet. The source for 16% is that in this country, that is the national average.

Beefy: OK, I get where you got your name now!
I am 47 kilo and eat 2300 calories each day, but only 45-55 gram protein each day.
I need to eat at least 2300 calories each day, otherwise I lose weight, which I dont want to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.