The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to a Friends house for lunch.. She was Italian...

She was one of my friend who goes walking with me in the support group..

So since Xmas is coming, she speciality made this lunch for me and another friend of ours.

Here goes our feast:

Our Entrée: Prosciutto Ham and Normal Ham with Guacamole (avocado dip), crackers and water crackers
Sides: Cucumber, multi grain warm bread with swiss cheese and some other kind of Italian cheese.. (forgot the names)

2nd Entrée: A big bowl of Spaghetti Bolognese with Meat balls and Mince meat.. with large serving of parmesan cheese........ I was already full after half bowl of it... plus warm dinner rolls and butter.

Mains:

Charcoal Roasted chicken with Tyme, lemon and salt...... Home made sauce for the roast chicken..

Greek salad with cheese, lettuce, cucumber, tomatos, lemon juice, home made Italian Dressing and I saw Mustard seeds..

Dessert:

Home made Tiramisu Cake with black coffee
Follow by dried apricots, almond nuts, walnuts.
Home make 7 to 8 kinds of Italian Biscuits and cookies..
Fruit bowl that include passion fruit, bananas, mango, pear, apple, orange, strawberry, watermelon, rock melon etc etc...

I was like.... WOW!! That is the first time I been to an Italian home to have LUNCH!!! AND YES, it was LUNCH!!!!!

I was told DINNER WOULD BE MUCH MORE!!! LOL!!!

IT WAS A FABULOUS FEAST LUNCH!!!

I am Glad to have a feast and not thinking about my BG's levels for the first time in 3 months lol..

She even ask me to bring some roasted chicken and some other food back... Such a Kind and Big hearted Lady.. GOD bless her!!

I Thank her so much before i left and I pass her a new presents.. A brand New Glucose meter as she didnt have one..

She was like.. OH JAMES!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I have never eaten the way I have eaten at Italians' homes.

I generally wanted to die afterward .... and that was before I was diabetic!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts