The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been some articles regarding the benefits of Lupin flour and a product called lupin8 recently and how the lupin8 may have been good for diabetics. I have also been reading the clinical research on Lupin Kernel flour and it looks exciting. Can anyone tell me if they have tried the Lupin8 and what experiences you have had with it. I beleive it is a powder you ad to your meals

·
Registered
15 Posts
There have been some articles regarding the benefits of Lupin flour and a product called lupin8 recently and how the lupin8 may have been good for diabetics. I have also been reading the clinical research on Lupin Kernel flour and it looks exciting. Can anyone tell me if they have tried the Lupin8 and what experiences you have had with it. I beleive it is a powder you ad to your meals
Hi - From Perth and I use Lupin 8 on everything .... to crumbing steaks and making broths etc. Its excellent for my T2 and doesn't spike my bg. I also sometimes just drink it plan before a meal so that way I am getting the fibre I require as well as it fills me up. It's excellent for gravies etc. :mod:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lupin 8 Information & experiences required !

Hi..Yes I too would love any information that I can get on Lupin 8...I have just read about it in Diabetic Living...and I don't seem to be able to find any negative information about it....It helps with weight and is also great with BG levels...as I have just past my quarter of a century with Type 1 and definitely need to lose weight...I can't find any reasons not to try Lupin 8..Please if anybody has any information please post it for us to read..Thanks Madjoshy2..:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a great article on it in the September Diabetic magazine from the News Agent. The diabetic society looks like they give you a tub when you subcribe to the magazine for a year pretty good value and if they recommend it it must be good

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
forgot to say been on it a while now and i do longer snack between meals and very very rarely feel hungry I have it in my 3 meals a day and am not looking back. I sent a tub to my son in California and he is on it now and said he gets it in the states now as well

·
Registered
663 Posts
I must try this too as I just love scones as this will test this which is a good question as this has baking soda in it?

WOW a thread with Australians!!! :D Welcome to DF :israel:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lupin8

Have not been on here for ages .
No soda in Lupin8.
I am still using it and it is still working, not only have i lost weight but had a cholesterol check a few weeks back and the doctor is amazed . The only thing I have changed is that i am having lupin8 with all my meals it is really amazing the lupin8 website has good recipes too.
will keep everyone informed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey JockMelb - thanks for sharing... I still take my Lupin8 and yes it has helped me heaps with controlling my diabetes. I was wondering if you have tried the bread? would love to know where I can get my hands on Lupin 8 Bread.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I make my own bread and put in 2 tablespoons of Lupin8. Have also tried the lupin8 peoples dampers that they sell and put in one tablespoon of lupin8 the bush lemon lime and chilli is great and have tried the sourdough which is great both are low gi i bought them from their website tastetheoutback dot com
you should try them

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks Jock - I will... I will surf their website and order some stuff.

Thanks for the information.

Cheers,
Donna:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi
I have friends in the states who i have told about lupin8 and they have asked where they can get it from. Where are you buying it from would love to pass on the info to them

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jockmelb sounds like they work for Lupin8. Lupin8 is an overpriced con. They are just adding a few cheap ingredients to Lupin Flour which is great on it's own.

Go to the manufacturers direct online sales at a fraction of the cost. Search google for Irwin Valley Lupin Flour Western Australia.

Irwin Valley even list Lupin8 as a buyer of their product at their stockist page.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For laughs i can assure you I do not work for Lupin8.
I have been retired now for 7 years.
I use Lupin8 because it works for me.
For laughs i would suggest that you check your facts first, I had a look at the website you stated and yes the lupin8 people obviously buy the lupin from them and then they had other things to it. All you have to do is check out the ingredients on the label.
I have also used another product called LUPINPLUS which is similar and is a great product as well also made in Australia.
In future I would check out the facts before giving unfounded advise there are a lot of people using products like lupinplus and lupin8 and getting benefits from them.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Well I hadn't heard of Lupin8 before, and I'm happy to research anything that can help curb the ravages of diabetes. ODAR is a friend of mine, and I'll be checking with her to see if she still uses this product and what her opinion is.

Since you've checked in again, jockmelb, how about you tell us more about yourself and your diabetes. So far all you've talked about is Lupin, and I think it's time you became a real contributing member of this forum. C'mon in & make yourself comfortable - we'd like to get better acquainted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Shanny

Nothing special about my story. I am a retiree, diagnosed as a T2 diabetic almost 7 years ago around the same time I finished work.
Been taking various meds since but more importantly I have changed my lifestyle. For the better that is.
My doctor told me if i do not do something about my weight and I continued the way I was going he would be amputating my feet or at least one of my feet.
That gave me the get up and go. I went on a diet plan with a program in Australia called Tony Ferguson. It worked for me for a while. Over the first two years I lost 23 kilos (64 pounds) than put almost half it on again the next 18 months.
My diabetes got a bit worse so again went on a sensible eating and exercise program and again got down to my target weight.
Have been sticking to my eating and exercise routine and feel much better for it.
I subcribe to the Diabetic magazine, take my meds daily, see the doctor every 2 months, take lupin8 or lupinplus (mainly lupin8) in every meal, drink at least 5 glasses of water a day
But the best thing is I still have my TWO FEET

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
That's good to hear (the part about both feet! :D) . . . I'm a retiree also, but didn't develop diabetes until about 18 months ago. Weight was always a problem for me, and I guess I lost & regained the same 50 lbs. many times. I haven't lost any incredible amount since diagnosis, but getting onto a decent food plan is causing a gradual but very steady loss, which is a nice fringe benefit to go with the stable low blood sugars.

Good to talk to you & I hope you'll stick around. Always the more the merrier, right? :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hi all been a while since i was on here.
Am still kicking along with my eating program and doing pretty well.
Did what fourlaughs suggested and purchased some straight LUPIN FLOUR from the manufacturer. Not the same yes it might be ok for cooking but not for what i use the lupin8 thing for. It was just flour and had no other benefits. Anyway i have been mixing some Chia seeds with it (lupin8) has anyone else tried lupin8 that way and if so what results have you had.
Want to know something funny (ah well not that funny really) my dog now has diabetes so the vet says and has put me onto two products for him Dr Bruces and Infinity for Pets so now not only do i have to watch my lifestyle i do have to do for my best friend

1 - 20 of 21 Posts