The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
24,406 Posts
It's music to my ears to know that you like most veggies, Rosa. If you like a little change-up now & then, you can always dress them up with a cream sauce (using real cream ;)), a cheese sauce or even hollandaise (with real butter & eggs! heheh!)

The zero & low-carb snacks that I keep close by are beef sticks, cheese sticks, cheese crisps, raw almonds & other nuts. To keep in the fridge I make deviled eggs & hot wings, and I buy the little tubs of sugar-free Jello gelatin. If I want to dress up the Jello, I whip some real cream with sweetener. Could I tempt you away from your chocolate cake with this carrot cake? http://www.diabetesforum.com/diabet...-low-carb-make-very-low-carb-2.html#post32015 It's drop-dead DELICIOUS! You can pile on the cream cheese frosting since it's sweetened with artificial sweetener & the full-fat cream cheese is GOOD for us diabetics!

My ace-in-the-hole for eating low-carb is using real fats. You will find you're losing weight eating low-carb/high-fat, and you'll be so satisfied with your meals.

Don't be so quick to blame yourself. It seems like you've spent your life being wrong/bad/naughty for a lot of things that are out of your control. None of this makes you a bad person - NONE of it! I think you must be a dear sweet WONDERFUL person, and furthermore, I'll bet you're a helluva cook! :D We'll help you find a detour around the pasta problem, but for many of your recipes, I'll bet they can be adjusted to be low carb & all the better for it.

Hang on - don't let go. We're here for you because we know exactly how you feel - we've been there ourselves. :hug:

· Registered
24,406 Posts

· Registered
24,406 Posts
You know what, Shanny, I tried it before with everything cold and after something like 10 minutes of beating the cream, all I got was just cream with bubbles - it didn't actual result in a "whip", just liquid. I wonder where I went wrong...:confused:
Just be sure you have HEAVY WHIPPING cream, and don't get anything that is "ultra-pasteurized". It shouldn't take ten minutes to whip - hardly takes two. If you whip too long, it will develop little curds/clots, and then you have butter. :p

· Registered
24,406 Posts
I'm trying to keep up with messages - if I haven't gotten back to you yet, please forgive me, I'm NOT ignoring anyone. Had a rather busy/bad day; lots of pain so I'm not coping very well. You're all so great and I would NEVER deliberately ignore anyone. I'm still trying to get the hang of this. Love to you all, Rosa
Don't give it a moment's thought, Rosa . . . it's a free-for-all - nobody's keeping score - we're all just gabbing! :D

· Registered
24,406 Posts
Oh Rosa - I think you're my twin separated at birth! LOL! All the late night hours surfing the Net, wearing my nightie all day unless I have to go out, taking a few drinks & getting ornery/nasty. And we each have a "prince" for a second husband. :D

· Registered
24,406 Posts
You're so sweet! (We diabetics ARE.) Yes, hubby gets the dang Carb Stupid bars. I can avoid ice cream with no problem - choc. cake or carrot cake is my bane.
Then be SURE you try this one . . . it's pure delight! Low-carb Carrot Cake. I made it for my brother-in-law's birthday this spring (he's type 1.5 - LADA) and he must have thanked me about sixteen times during the weekend - everybody loved it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.