The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing commercials in the US for this. I am not a cereal person but was wondering if anyone has tried this and if so what they thought of it.
I see now there is a low carb cereal at WalMart but I believe the carbs are still too high for my taste. Besides I'm happy with my current breakfast choices. I'm not even sure why I'm curious about this. I think it's in case anyone asks me.

·
Super Moderator
9,724 Posts
I haven't seen those ads yet. I've heard of Catalina Crunch. Looking at Walmart online , they show a Protein Cereal that appears to be like cocoa puffs and I see a cinnamon one. Magic Spoon says 3-4 net grams, Catalina Crunch says 5 grams, and Protein Cereal says 4 grams. I usually go to Walmart with BH grocery shopping, but have avoided the cereal isles. Out of curiosity now, I'll go check out what they got next time we go. Probably won't buy any because l just don't eat cereal, but will post what I find.

Reactions: itissteve

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen one of them at my physical Walmart. My DH is a cereal eater so I'm in the aisle. People at work asked me about the Magic Spoon. It seems to be a mail service product.
You have given me the idea to try the ones at Walmart and let my husband try it. I could try it dry, maybe.

·
Super Moderator
9,724 Posts
Or use diluted HWC or unsweetened almond milk.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or use diluted HWC or unsweetened almond milk.
You're right I could try it with either of them but for me I just don't have the taste buds for cereal, haha. I'd try it dry just to try it.
Went shopping yesterday but forgot to add the Walmart one to the list...off to add it to my new one now.

·
Super Moderator
9,724 Posts
Went into Walmart this morning after going to a grandson's 8th grade graduation but didn't really get into the grocery section. Will try to remember to look next time I go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tried Catalina Crunch and it tasted really good but let's just say I had to stay away from people the rest of the day. :poop:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yesterday in Walmart I saw a whole lot of new "Keto....Low Carb" stuff. NONE of it was for me...or anyone.

·
Super Moderator
9,724 Posts
At 2 of the 3 Walmart's near me, I have found zero low carb/keto cereals.

Reactions: Nemo

·
Super Moderator
9,724 Posts
Ditto for Walmart #3, no keto cereals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts