The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my annual mammo on Monday this week. Today I got the call that I need to come back in for magnification pictures of rt breast. I have benign microcalcifications already present there and now there are a "whole bunch of new spots" her words, that they can't tell what they are. I have had a previous biopsy on this side so it gives me even more cause for concern.

From what she said these are probably also benign, but they could also be precancerous or cancer, but would be Stage 0 if so. I said to her, "you're not scaring me at all!!!" Yikes, she was!!! Small laugh, and she said she was really trying not to scare me. Fail!

My mom passed from breast cancer so these things are always a scare for me no matter how they try to downplay the call back. So I go back tomorrow afternoon for the pictures. I can feel my bp going up already and I expect my bg will reflect it too........ I so hate this!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Ow - waiting is such torture. I'd be putting on some good music, meditating (or trying to!), and maybe even taking some Gaba ...

They take more pictures tomorrow and then ... wait again?

Arrg! Gentle hugs ...

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the hugs moon and Mary!

The day has not been a help either, dreary, pouring rain and depressing. I have been sitting by the fire reading. I am allergic to Gaba so that is out, but I am about ready to go get a glass of wine!! :)

Yep, it is pictures tomorrow and wait.....but they are pretty fast, first mammo on Monday and results on Wednesday so hoping for the same speed on these. Then I guess it will be more waiting if there is any followup needed. :(

Ow - waiting is such torture. I'd be putting on some good music, meditating (or trying to!), and maybe even taking some Gaba ...

They take more pictures tomorrow and then ... wait again?

Arrg! Gentle hugs ...
Aww, so sorry you're going through this. You're in my thoughts and prayers. (((Barbara)))

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Best Vibes and many hugs are winging their way! :grouphug:

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I have never understood, nor will I ever understand, why it takes days for someone to look at an image and make a decision, especially when it is such an anxiety-producing procedure.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have never understood, nor will I ever understand, why it takes days for someone to look at an image and make a decision, especially when it is such an anxiety-producing procedure.
I've had much longer waits for results when I lived in CA. I guess the time depends on the volume of xrays waiting to be read. I thought 2 days was pretty good after the first xrays, but now that there could be a problem, they will be long days of waiting.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts