The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello we were diagnised in may of 2010 with type 2 diabetes since october 2010 my feet started this burning throbing feeling hot sometimes feel like i spent the day in a freezer pain full my toes and to ankles also have meraliga paresthetica = A PINCHED NERVE IN LEFT CALF HIP BOTHERS ME AFTER STANDING TO LONG DUE TO INCREASED HEALTH PROBLEMS I JUST CAN'T DO MUCH ANYMORE CONSTANT NEUROPATHY IS REAL PAINFULL ANYONE HERE USE ELECTRICAL TENS TREATMENT FOR IT PLEASE INFORM ME IN HOW GOOD IT HELPS . MY A1C WAS 6.0 I AM DUE FOR MY RESULT FROM A BLOOD A1C JUST DONE A WEEKK AGO CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT . ALSO GOT MORE HEALTH ISSUES GOING ON AND ITS BEEN REAL DEPRESSING HELP IS WHAT I NEED .

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I have tingling in my lower legs and feet, part of a hand and finger and one spot in my mid back falls asleep sometimes when it presses on a nerve. I have been taking tens treatments, 10 min. sessions 3 X week for 2 months and 2 X week for the past month at my chiropractor.

I can't see that the treatments have made much difference, maybe a little. My chiropractor also has me on traction to try and free up the nerves, but that doesn't seem to have helped much either. But just because these things haven't worked for me doesn't mean they wouldn't work for you. Your doctor is the one who can give you the best advice on all of this. I hope you find relief very soon.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I forgot to mention, I had pain in one or the other hip sometimes, so painful it hurt to walk. The chiropractor works on that every time I go in, and he gave me an exercise to do at home which I plan to do every day of my life, and it didn't take long before the hip pain was gone.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Unfortunately neuropathy is a complication of diabetes. The best defense is good bgs. But it seems it can start even at fairly low HbA1c's. Some have found success with Alpha Lipoic Acid and Evening Primrose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts