The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'd like your opinion as to whether or not I need to be tested for diabetes. Here are my symptoms:

Thirsty all the time regardless how much water I drink
Urinate frequently, at least 6 times a day, sometimes more, quite a bit of urine is produced each time
Extreme fatigue, physical exertion not only makes my body feel sore but gives me intense headaches
Muscle and joint pains
Muscle tremors usually in arms and legs, though they can be anywhere, even my face. They are painless
Constant headaches
Very dry skin and lips
Poking feeling on soles of feet, as if with needles

Some of these symptoms I have had for a few years now. Others are more recent. I have seen many doctors but never been diagnosed with anything, despite the many tests they have run. It's very frustrating.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Some of these are symptoms of diabetes, of course it could be other things too. Have they checked your blood sugar or done any other diabetic testing? What were the results?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
There is not a single reason to avoid testing. Even if they find out that it is not diabetes they will have a list of symptoms and a starting point to helping you figure out what is wrong.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Hi all. I'd like your opinion as to whether or not I need to be tested for diabetes. Here are my symptoms:

Urinate frequently, at least 6 times a day, sometimes more, quite a bit of urine is produced each time
Extreme fatigue, physical exertion not only makes my body feel sore but gives me intense headaches
Muscle and joint pains
Muscle tremors usually in arms and legs, though they can be anywhere, even my face. They are painless
Constant headaches
Very dry skin and lips

Some of these symptoms I have had for a few years now. Others are more recent. I have seen many doctors but never been diagnosed with anything, despite the many tests they have run. It's very frustrating.
just a crazy old man's opinion but welcome to the "No Problem Found Disease". I have had it for at least 25 years now. it seems to have started when i sold my house in the country with it's 80 foot well with salty water. I had very few problems then. After moving into the city and started drinking chlorinated water my problems started. They also took out the iodine in commercial bread and replaced it with bromide (famous for bromide-mania . a form of paranoia) , originally caused by Bromoseltzer. Both chlorine and bromides displace iodine in you body.
Also essential magnesium is usually missing in an American diet.

If it seems that the more you do, the less you can do applies to you then there is a simple test. Find a health food store that sells "MCT" {medium-chain- triglyceride}, failing that get some coconut oil because it is one half MCT. Drink one tablespoon of MCT straight and see if your pain is reduced by one half and your strength doubles in about one half hour and the effect should last 10 to 30 minutes. If this happens you have severe metabolic dysfunction. MCT bypasses your normal metabolic functions to directly fuel your cells with little digestion and does not need insulin activated channels.

I am presently using about 30 supplements to try to break out of it but some alternative doctors use IV's to bypass a dysfunctional body.

doctors will treat the symptoms of this but refuse to acknowledge the basic problem.

By the way drinking soda pop will also leach out all your bodies nutrients as will white flour products and the bleach they use for bleaching flour can cause diabetes.

Have a nice day :)

ColaJim

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

Muscle and joint pains
Constant headaches
Very dry skin and lips

It's definitely worth getting tested - I'd strongly recommend it. It's much better to know than to wonder.

Best Wishes,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some of these are symptoms of diabetes, of course it could be other things too. Have they checked your blood sugar or done any other diabetic testing? What were the results?
They did a CMP. Not sure if that is diabetes related. But I've never done a fasting type test or anything.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
They did a CMP. Not sure if that is diabetes related. But I've never done a fasting type test or anything.
That is a complete metabolic panel. Good information, but nothing diabetes specific. DO you have access to your results? If you were not fasting, there will at least be a random glucose level in there.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Do you think they'd forward a copy of your tests if you made the request to the doc's office? They should . . . then perhaps we could help you know what they mean.

(I really hate it when they just say "everything's okay" or "it's all normal" . . . grrrr!)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Do you think they'd forward a copy of your tests if you made the request to the doc's office? They should . . . then perhaps we could help you know what they mean.

(I really hate it when they just say "everything's okay" or "it's all normal" . . . grrrr!)
Yeah I hate that! My dr's office gives me a copy of the results along with any notes the doc made about the results written right on the copy.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

Muscle and joint pains
Constant headaches
Very dry skin and lips

You need to know what your blood sugar levels are, no doctor will make a diagnosis without one. Get a meter and start testing. A fasting blood glucose is what you will need to know. Let us know when you get some blood glucose readings and then we can break down your symptoms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You need to know what your blood sugar levels are, no doctor will make a diagnosis without one. Get a meter and start testing. A fasting blood glucose is what you will need to know. Let us know when you get some blood glucose readings and then we can break down your symptoms.
Is there a meter you can recommend?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Unless you have insurance coverage that will help with buying test strips, you'll do fine with a cheapie. I've always used the ReliOn meters from Walmart because their strips cost half the going rate. Someone posted just today that Walgreens has a special on one right now, with a full price rebate and cheap strips too.

·
Banned
19 Posts
You probably have diabetes but I guess its not controlled. The fatigue is probably due to the now accepted hard wheat. Certainly in several of my friends it is, the symptoms being about 20 mins after ingestion you become tired and fatigued, sleep and wake up woozy, very distressed is not the correct term but certainly of a depressed nature that hangs around for several hours.
Went all through that now do not touch wheat and its products, well try not to.
See the intro to myself. You need to see a doctor now. Stop/ reduce all things with carbs in them for a while before you see the doctor, no chocolate, fizzy drinks, sugar, pre made cereals, ie kellogs etc.
Has your willy developed sores, have you got fungal infections anywhere. Do not leave this alone, diabetes is not called the silent killer for nothing, all your organs will be damaged.
I have found that even though I am on insulin I can cope and have good BS by eating no carbs deliberately, eg bread (even non wheat bread), potatoes, rice and pasta for a while possibly 2-3 days.
Very careful with fruits everything to a point has carbs in it but that and a slow run or stiff walk for a while will help you to feel better. In fact having a soup broth instead of a meal, and then having a stiff walk may make you feel 100% better.
Are you on any meds?

·
Registered
35 Posts
yes you should get tested.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts