The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my face is hanging out and no longer covered up with big glasses, I prob'ly should put more effort into making up. It's been years since I bothered with it, since we stay home all the time & as mentioned - I've been covered up with thick glasses all these years.

So ladies, give me some of your preferences. And if you know your mothers' preferences, give me those too, since they're prob'ly nearer to my age! I really want something that's light, easy, quick . . . I've always begrudged time spent on hair fixing & makeup - you'd think I'd been born in a barn, wouldn't you? :p

Are the new mineral products any good?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Well, my favorite make ups are Estee Lauder and Lancombe, but who can afford it?!? So L'Oreal it is for now. I tried a few of the mineral wonder-products and guess what? Every "wisdom" line on my face was revealed and I looked absolutely dessicated. Oh for that smooth dewey glow of last year!

Jen

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Now that my face is hanging out and no longer covered up with big glasses, I prob'ly should put more effort into making up. It's been years since I bothered with it, since we stay home all the time & as mentioned - I've been covered up with thick glasses all these years.

So ladies, give me some of your preferences. And if you know your mothers' preferences, give me those too, since they're prob'ly nearer to my age! I really want something that's light, easy, quick . . . I've always begrudged time spent on hair fixing & makeup - you'd think I'd been born in a barn, wouldn't you? :p

Are the new mineral products any good?
I wear Bare Essentuals. I swear by it. Especially since my skin has gotten...umm...older. It doesn't cake up..it looks smooth and natural and completely evens out my tendency towards blotchy skin tones. It is sort of pricey, but it lasts a really long time. It doesn't wear off easily either. Even when I am working up a sweat.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The last time I wore make-up was 2003. Make-up makes me break-out so I have to stay away from it. My sister is a cosmetologist and wears make-up every single day, she even wears it to the gym. I know that she frequents the cosmetic counter at Macy's. My sister claims that using a make-up that is more expensive lasts longer and is worth the extra money.:crazy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts