The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Work Schedule I Have Is A Lunch Somewhere From 11:00AM To 3:00 And Dinner From 4:00 PM to 8:30 PM. I Have Read That It Is Important To Eat At The Same Times Each Day To Get Better Control On You BG..
How Important Is Eating At Same Time To Get Better Control?
My A1C Was 9.3 Last Time The Dr Checked .. Aug Last Year..
I Am On 20 Units Lantus 1 Time Dayly With A Bulas Before Each Meal According To Meter Reading And Carb Intake.
Thanks For Any Insite To My Problem

·
Registered
710 Posts
My mealtimes vary significantly and I haven't noticed that it's difficult to manage blood sugar as a result. For me, stress is a bigger factor.

Jen

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Most of my meals are irregularly scheduled, although our main meal of the day is usually between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. I eat several small meals/snacks through the day. I'm non-insulin-dependent, but this haphazard eating routine doesn't seem to have much affect on my bg . . . I'm just always high in the morning & drop throughout the day.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I would have to say that with the medication regiment that you are on the time really doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I don't necessarily eat my meals at the same time each day but I do space them out evenly throughout the day, every 4 to 6 hours. If I eat breakfast at 8 then I eat lunch between 12 and 2. If I was to eat lunch at 1:30 I would try to eat dinner between 5:30 and 7:30. I was told this lets my body use the insulin that I had injected and I know that if I wait much longer than this, I tend to go low very fast.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My doctor is adamant that I need to eat by 6pm every night, REGARDLESS.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Judith, I'm curious, did he give you a specific reason?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts