The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am not on med s and watching my portion s . is there any other people doing the same . how are they doing .

·
Registered
432 Posts
I take no meds. I was dx in 2009 with bg's off the charts.My doc put me on metformin 1 pill then 2. After 9 months I was down to 5.8 A1C .Met was giving me problems and I told the doc I wanted to try it on my own. I did and have never been on any meds sinse.I eat less thar 50 carbs per day and I exercise( Walk 3x a day and ride a bike 30 min -60 mins a day)I have not an A1C in a while ,but will in Dec. Usually my A1C is about what my 14 day average is. Right now its a 98.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think that is great keep up the work . i not in to doing exercies a lot . i have been walking 3 times a week . i go for about 30 minutes .

Reactions: clebo

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think it is great if you can manage bgs with HbA1c's in the 5's and bgs close to 100 on exercise and diet. I tried it for about 3 months and asked for meds to stop my liver dumps that I would get when I wasn't eating. I also limit my carbs to 10-15 per meal, less at breakfast. I also try to do 1-2 hours of exercise most days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts