The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a best time to take meds in relationship with meals as far as any effect on FBG? I am on Janumet 50/500 2X/day and usually take it ~30 minutes after meals. My FBG is usually 120-130. I have only tested a couple of times after meals. This morning was the second time and not too bad in my eyes, previous time was horrendous. I'll post again in an hour and have this morings and tonights before>1hr>2hr numbers. Just did 1 hr after dinner.

Oh yeah, Smorgan, if you happen along, what brand espresso machine do you have? Or anybody else for that matter. Gonna move to lower carb mo fat and gonna try to do coconut oil in coffee.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I am only on metformin, 2550 mg. I don't take it with meals at all. I find I get the best fasting bgs when I take a dose (850) when I wake up and another (850) around 9:30 am and then the last dose right before bed.

·
Super Moderator
10,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a best time to take meds in relationship with meals as far as any effect on FBG? I am on Janumet 50/500 2X/day and usually take it ~30 minutes after meals. My FBG is usually 120-130. I have only tested a couple of times after meals. This morning was the second time and not too bad in my eyes, previous time was horrendous. I'll post again in an hour and have this morings and tonights before>1hr>2hr numbers. Just did 1 hr after dinner.

Oh yeah, Smorgan, if you happen along, what brand espresso machine do you have? Or anybody else for that matter. Gonna move to lower carb mo fat and gonna try to do coconut oil in coffee.

Thanks,
Mark
This morning
FBS 126
1 hr after eating 159
2 hr after eating 111

Went with my wife shopping and didn't take my meter. Had lunch at Katfish King - mostly green salad, a few bites of tomato relish, one hush puppy, and the fish. No fries, no slaw, etc.

Tonight
before dinner 130
1 hr after 106
2 hr after 125

I would almost bet tonights 1 hr after test may be bogus. I did take meds today as soon as meals were done. I usually wait about a half hour because nature calls as soon as breakfast is about done.

·
Super Moderator
10,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am only on metformin, 2550 mg. I don't take it with meals at all. I find I get the best fasting bgs when I take a dose (850) when I wake up and another (850) around 9:30 am and then the last dose right before bed.
you are testing before first med dose aren't you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts