The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do when you have insulin and testing supplies that you no longer use for whatever reason? I get a 3-month supply of medication filled at a time. I have 7 vials of Novolin N sitting in my refrigerator going to waste. I got the prescription filled and then switched to Lantus. I also have 2 extra glucose meters and several boxes of test strips that I am not using. I didn't like these meters after purchasing them. Should I just throw these things in the trash? Seems like a waste. Just wish I had someone to give these items to but I wouldn't know where to start to look. :noidea:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
What do you do when you have insulin and testing supplies that you no longer use for whatever reason? I get a 3-month supply of medication filled at a time. I have 7 vials of Novolin N sitting in my refrigerator going to waste. I got the prescription filled and then switched to Lantus. I also have 2 extra glucose meters and several boxes of test strips that I am not using. I didn't like these meters after purchasing them. Should I just throw these things in the trash? Seems like a waste. Just wish I had someone to give these items to but I wouldn't know where to start to look. :noidea:
I had a lot of Lantus left went I went to the pump. My pharmacy took them back since they were unopened and credited them towards my Humalog purchase. if yours cant do that, maybe they have a suggestion as to what you can do with it, maybe someplace you can donate them to.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a lot of Lantus left went I went to the pump. My pharmacy took them back since they were unopened and credited them towards my Humalog purchase. if yours cant do that, maybe they have a suggestion as to what you can do with it, maybe someplace you can donate them to.
That is a thought. Walgreens can be difficult to deal with at times so I will ask them and see what they say. I also thought about calling the local diabetes chapter to see if they could find someone local to give the insulin to. I already have someone who needs the test strips.

B

·
0 Posts
Taxes..!!

Don't forget.. when you do "DONATE" them make sure you have enough paperwork (and possibly photo's of the items), so that you can take it off on your income tax. Every bit helps.

Breeze 2 User

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't forget.. when you do "DONATE" them make sure you have enough paperwork (and possibly photo's of the items), so that you can take it off on your income tax. Every bit helps.

Breeze 2 User
Thanks for the tax tip! Good thinking! :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
My drs office takes mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts