The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a letter today from my prescription part of my insurance saying that jan 1st my fast acting and other insulins will go up in cost and that i should find a generic to use. WTF do these people not realize that there is no generic. how in the hell do these people excpect us to live.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Where's the dislike button? :(

Reactions: anuradha.m and foxl

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
You can shop around for a different carrier, WB . . . we switch nearly every year & you can still make the switch until December 7, 2011.

You can make comparisons yourself at Find a Plan, but we always sit down with our pharmacist who checks the plans for us & makes suggestions based partly on information he has that perhaps we don't - like an educated guess when certain patents will run out, etc. (course this is the Ozarks and our pharmacy is a sole proprietorship, so we prob'ly get spoiled more than in a big city pharmacy.) And we know the patents on Lantus & the other name-brand insulins aren't just about to expire any time soon, but it's still possible you could find a different provider who hasn't changed the formulary so much. They aren't all alike, by any means!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Each year our deductible goes up as well as the premium. Our last increase brought our premium to $1200 per month with a $6000 deductible. So no Rx's are covered until we meet that amount. It really stinks. I am trying to get the Insurance company to lower our premiums but that means raising our deductible to $11,000 per year. We have been forced to buy our expensive meds in Canada. They are a lot cheaper

Canada pharmacy, Canadian pharmacy, Canadian pharmacies, Canada drugs, Canadian drugs online

Reactions: anuradha.m

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just ran into the situation where I've had to fill out paperwork for my Lantus and Apidra. Seems the company was just sending huge amounts to hospital and clinics for free use and not knowing who was getting it. In effort to slim down their costs they now require all *free users* to be registered directly with the company.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Same story In India too! with everything becoming costly, you are left with nothing. Our company does not pay a penny unless you r hospitalized! Ours is a after retirement job that means we should be ready to pack the bags anyday and insurances dont cover medical bills here in India. Thats the reason I am trying alternative treatments also, that reduces my insulin to some extent and my bills too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.