The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm injecting 4 times per day and measure 2-3 times a day, have been doing that for many years. I've now read about the Medtronic Guardian. I'm thinking about buying one and wear some days, just to understand my BGL better, not to use with a pump. Any experience? Is it easy to put on, easy to use? The alarms, can they be adjusted or vibration like a cell phone, don't want the world to hear an alarm. Is it accurate enough compared to blood measurement? Is it easy to transfer graphs to PC?

As you can see, any advice is appreciated :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As you can see, any advice is appreciated :)
Hi again. Now I've tried it. In my country you can't buy it, but you can borrow it from your doctor, if he thinks it's a good idea. I borrowed one for a week (it got inserted and set up by the doctor's team) and had it on me for 6 days. Then the data was transferred to the doctor's computer and nice graphs appeared. The result of reading those graphs together with the doctor is that I'm now testing taking half my Insulatard twice a day instead of only before sleeping.

It was a bit annoying to wear. I wouldn't wear it always, that's not for me at this stage. But I would like to have one myself, so that e.g. now that I experiment, I would like to wear it instead of having to measure manually 5-10 times per day.

My conclusion is that despite I was a bit skeptical and thought it didn't show the same numbers as my own measurements, when looking at the graphs, there was a ton of information in there. It has a value, for sure.

So now I want one! I'm willing to pay the money to have it to use occasionally when I experiment. But as I said I can't buy it in Denmark. Does anybody know a country near Denmark where I could buy it on the web, and have it sent? And be able to buy the sensors (they only last 3 days when in use)? I've seen them in the US for $1300, a lot of money, but not compared to my health...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You aren't interested in getting a pump, Adam?
Hi
No, no pump at this time, I want to continue with pens, but do it as good as possible.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
As far as I know you need a prescription from the doctor to buy this product in the US.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts