The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Well I am 4 months into my paradigm pump and 3 months on my CGM and am loving it. A lot more to think about but I am doing very well. However, I just got some new infusion sets and they are really hard to re-connect. Easy to disconnect, but had one that about ripped out the cannula and gave up and called medtronic to send out new ones. Has anyone noticed this before? I had it on a 9mm and then I went back to me 6 mm until the new one's get here.

Let me know if anyone has had a similar problem? The Lot number is 9200971. Hoping no one had the problem; I was at a pool when this happened and had to get my kids out and go home:(

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I had many problems with the MM Quick Sets. I stopped using them and switched to Sure-T sets with the 6mm needle. They also have an 8mm needle and a choice of 23 or 32 inch tubing. I have never had a Sure-T set fail me. It is easy to connect and disconnect. Look them up online. Minimed sells them even though they do not make them. They connect nicely to the minimed resevoir.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the input. I had a reaction to the steel in the sure T. I put another one on today from the same lot number and it is fine. I figure it must be a random thing. Not something I am wanting to deal with. Taught me a lesson - bring a back up insertion device, just in case something happens. Definitely more things to think about. Do you have the CGM? I really like it and I have found that wearing it for 6 days is perfect. Well off to check my BG. Have a great day!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Tammy, I started using the Dexcom CGM in January. It lasts 12-14 days if it is placed where the sensor will not get bumped or mashed. I just tell the receiver I am starting a new sensor, but without removing the old one. It works very well. I am glad you are having success with yours.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Bill, if you would like to tell your son's story, please open a thread on the introductions board. In fact, if your son is interested in having his story told, he is old enough to register here and tell it himself.

If you would like to advertise your drive safe monitor, please contact the forum administrator for permission and follow proper channels.

The subject of this thread is Medtronic quick sets, so if you know about insulin pumps and sets, by all means speak up. If you continue to detour around thread topics, I will be forced to enforce infractions which could result in eventual banning.

Respectfully,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts