The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 20 Posts

· Registered
741 Posts
By dropping the carbs (it may still take a couple of weeks with metformin) you will attain mental clarity and more energy...I was also a programmer and I know how hard it is to do complex problem solving with a brain that would rather float around in the ether...

Ive found that nuts work really well with me..I keep little zip lock plastic bags with 20 almonds inside on me at all times...it stops me over eating when I 'feel' low and shakey...it heads off feeling really bad (especially at work) and stops the carbs/low/high rebounding...

It is not an easy balance to achieve...but I thinking the key is (as all those clever ppl above have said) no more than 15 carbs per meal and eat protein for snacks maybe with fat (nuts have both) and keep the metformin for a month...

Stay calm lol and trust that we have all been there...just know it will settle if you eat less carbs take the metformin and plan your snacks...

Reactions: SerotoninSurfer

· Registered
741 Posts
the lower your carbs the less your liver can dump :) so less rebounding...I'm still learning too...

Reactions: SerotoninSurfer
1 - 2 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.