The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
25g of carbs a day is pretty tight. good on you if you can do it and it works for you. If Met is causing all those side effects I would talk to your doc about changing Meds or your low carb diet. there are a lot of options out there and if you don't like Met (or it doesn't like you) you should be able to try something else. good luck w/ your experimenting

· Registered
165 Posts
Thx for the advice folks, I appreciate the feedback. Some things to think about, that's for sure. I guess for the immediate moment, I'll see how it goes.

I must admit even though I stayed low carb for an entire year once and lost about 80lbs, staying around 20/25 carbs a day can be tough somedays, especially the emotional/bad days but on the other hand, after a few weeks eating low carb I usually start to feel much better - sleep better too! Either way, I need to lose weight and stay away from the sugar cravings, so staying low carb can only help ime.

Frankly, I don't get much good advice from my doc - seems like he never wants to say too much either way, so I'm a bit confused sometimes. He told me once if I'm going to drink or eat badly just to take more medicine, so I got the impression this is something very 'individual' and adjustments were expected.

Oh well, work in progress.....
is there another doctor you can try?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.