The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am taking metformin 850 gm each a day for all most a year now. Usually I buy it from CVS for $10 copay for 30 day prescription.

Recently I learned that Sams Club (Wall mart) gives the same metformin 850 gm a 90 days prescription for $6. This is unbelievable price.

Please help me understand how Sams club can give the same medicine for very very less price, does it work in the same manor as the one I got from CVS or is that a low quality medicine?

Thanks,
Muthu

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't know but I would think it has to have the same active ingredients if it's labelled as the same medicine. I think the FDA regulates that. I think they can get it and sell it cheaper because there are so many WalMarts and they probably buy it in great bulk quantities. I think if you can get it cheaper at WalMart, that's where I'd buy it from. You can always ask your doctor and see if he/she has any objections to it.

G

·
Metformin 500mg Tabs..

I'm recently new to the diabetes scene and am taking it also. I just checked what it cost me at WalMart for my 60 tab supply. My receipt shows $4.00

Breeze 2 User

1 - 4 of 4 Posts