The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know, Can metphormin raise your heart rate???? I was at the gym and got a reading that my heart rate was too high while i was running. it was at 175 bpm. never had this problem before.:confused:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've never had a problem with metformin increasing my heart rate

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Metformin has never caused an increased heart rate for me - mine runs about 60-65 most of the time and that's partially because I'm also on atenolol - an hypertension drug - which lowers the rate.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Occassionally I have had that problem but I never connected it with the metformin. I take the maximum amount of metformin 2550 mg and usually have a problem getting my hr above 135 or so at the gym. As I have said I have had a problem with high pulse and high BP sometimes when I do pilates or yoga, which is wierd. I think it was more from incorrect breathing patterns and holding positions for too long. What exercises were you doing? Check on the Meformin drug page for side effects.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I spend two hours a day, six days a week in the gym. Half hour cardio and the rest weight lifting. Almost impossible to get my pulse above 75 considering my hypertension meds, a la Shanny. However, what's weird is that lately, when my BP is down, my BGs are way up and vice versa. Anybody else seen that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts